Keebler® Sandies® Cherry Brownie Bars
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 50 min
Simply Shortbread cookies Keebler® Sandies®
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (approximately 1 pound 3 oz.)
- Water, per brownie package directions
- Vegetable oil, per brownie package directions
- Eggs, per brownie package directions
- 1 can (12 oz.) cherry pie filling
1. Combine 2 cups crushed Sandies® Cookies and margarine in a mixing bowl and press into sides of 13x9x2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Prepare brownies following directions on box using water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Pour batter on top of the Sandies® Cookies crust. Evenly place dollops of cherry pie filling into brownie batter.
3. Bake at 350°F for 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.
4. To serve, dust with powdered sugar (cover cherries with a paper circle cut out to avoid covering with powdered sugar). If desired, cut bars into hearts with heart-shaped cookie cutter.
Helpful Hint: Crushed cookies can be prepared by placing cookies in a plastic freezer or sandwich bag and crushing with a rolling pin. Or, if preferred, pulse cookies within your food processor.