Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
The Spanish term, "dulce de leche" translates to sweet of milk. We used sweetened condensed milk to speed the preparation of this extravagant caramel-like topping, then we drizzled it over cheesecake.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 345 min
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Shortbread Pie Crust
1. In heavy small saucepan combine 1/2 cup cream and brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to moderate, steady boil. Boil, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Refrigerate.
2. In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and flour on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1 tablespoon cream, vanilla and peel. Beat until combined. Add egg, beating until just combined.
3. Pour into crust. Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with half of brown sugar mixture. Gently swirl with knife. Bake at 350º F for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
4. Before serving, in small saucepan cook and stir remaining brown sugar mixture over low heat until warm. Cut cheesecake into wedges. Drizzle with warm brown sugar mixture.
YIELD: 8 servings
*NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.