Coconut Cookie Bars
A classic combination of chocolate, coconut and almonds tops the cookie crust in these bars.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 150 min
- 24 Keebler® Chips Deluxe® Triple Chocolate cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (14 oz., 5 1/3 cups) flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels (about 15 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 Keebler® Chips Deluxe® Triple Chocolate cookies
1. In medium bowl combine the 24 crushed KEEBLER CHIPS DELUXE Original cookies and butter. Press on bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl stir together coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Spoon dollops on crust. Use two forks to evenly spread coconut mixture over crust. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes more or until beginning to brown.
3. Meanwhile, in medium microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Micro-cook at high about 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Evenly spread over baked mixture.
4. Coarsely break up the 6 cookies. Sprinkle over chocolate. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Cut into 2- x 1-inch rectangles.