Lemon Meringue Pie
Classic lemon meringue pie--sweet, tender meringue on top of a luscious, tart lemon filling.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 35 minutes
egg yolks, beaten
margarine or butter
grated lemon peel
Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham Pie Crust
cream of tartar
1. In medium saucepan stir together 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
2. Gradually stir about half of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return egg yolk mixture to mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir until mixure boils. Boil gently for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in margarine or butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in lemon juice. Keep warm.
4. In small mixing bowl beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on high speed of electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
5. Spread lemon mixture in crust. Spread meringue over top, sealing to edge of crust. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.