Cream Cheese Cherry Pie
Cherry pie filling tops this cheesecake-like pie enclosed in a crunchy crust.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal (crushed to 1 1/2 cups)
light cream cheese, softened
(8 oz.) light sour cream
(21 oz.) tart cherry pie filling
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, the
1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and margarine. Press mixture evenly and firmly in
bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan to form crust. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat cream cheese on medium until smooth.
Add eggs, the 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla and the 1 teaspoon lemon juice, mixing
until well combined. Pour mixture into crust.
3. Bake at 375° F about 20 minutes or until firm.
4. While pie is baking, stir together sour cream and the 2 tablespoons sugar.
Remove pie from oven. Spread sour cream mixture over top. Return to oven.
Bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack.
5. Stir together cherry pie filling and remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Spread
over top of cooled pie. Chill thoroughly before serving.